Be a Volunteer
When you volunteer at an organization, you learn things. Volunteering can be a great way to gain experience and build relationships within the community. Volunteers are often seen as the backbone of non-governmental organizations and have played a major role in their success over time. However, in many cases, volunteers play a dual role by working both inside and outside of the organization. Come join VAAG as a volunteer and help us in our mission.
Anyone who wishes to help the society and wants to do a good deed can apply for this position.
The applicant for the volunteer position should have completed the 12th standard and have a basic understanding of computers.
Currently, we are looking for volunteers for the following positions:
- As a volunteer, you will assist in identifying patients who suffer from brain and spinal cord injuries and need home treatment and rehabilitation (including a home ventilator).
- As part of this role, you will also coordinate with VAAG and patients’ families to provide resources and support to the families so that they can carry on with their daily lives.
- Being aware of your role and responsibilities, as well as the organization’s safety rules and regulations.
- If you are unsure about anything, complete the appropriate training and ask questions.
- Reporting any issues immediately and completing all assignments assigned by the supervisor.
- Assuring that tasks are performed in accordance with the rules and regulations of the organization.
- Being on time for work and remaining professional in your interactions with all patients.
- Providing suggestions for improvement where feasible and appropriate.
- Making presentations or delivering reports if necessary.
It can be from 6 months to 1 year depending upon the volunteer as well as VAAG.
9am – 6 pm.
VAAG Health does not provide any compensation to volunteers. Support may be given on a case-to-case basis. However, you will be given a certificate at the end of your tenure. Additionally, you will learn a lot and gain experience that will help you in the future.